Friday, March 27, 2009

News that's not really news

So this morning I fire up my computer and up pops MSN. Most of the page is covered in "news" that in my opinion is not news. What really annoys me is that the fluffy stuff is creeping its way into the "real news" section. This morning part of the important World News is that two of the octobabies are going home today. Really? Is that really world news? Is that really important enough that the whole world wants and needs to know? I can understand reporting that someone has birthed 8 babies at one time--that is indeed astounding and newsworthy. I think the world does want to know about a rare event, but is it international news that two of the eight are going home? I don't think so--but apparently I'm in the minority--because news stories are driven by the people and they give us what we want. Are we getting news from all over the world on MSN? I would say very little--unless it directly affects Americans. How I would love to hear real world news-- what's really going on all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment