So I was checking on my public library web site to see if I had missed the annual book sale---and of course, I had, but I came across this article. How great is this!
"A Conscientious Library Patron and a Grateful LibraryThe Associated Press is reporting a great story about a now-famous library patron and an appreciative library.Pilot Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger landed a US Airways plane in the Hudson River on January 15 without loss of life. He was not able, however, to save from the river a book that he had checked out from the University of California State University, Fresno, through his local library in Danville.Conscientiously he contacted library officials asking for an extension and waiver of overdue fees.Officials from Fresno State’s library not only waived the late and replacement fees; they also replaced the book and inserted in it a sticker noting that it was dedicated to “Sully.”The book was about professional ethics. source: www.nbcbayarea.com/news/us_world/Library-Waives-Fee-for-Sullys-Waterlogged-Book.html
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment